February 23rd, 2014.
Not Allies, Just Meat-Shields
Last episode had action, but it didn’t feel fresh, it didn’t have that over-the-top energy of the early episodes. It felt as if someone had tried to emulate those scenes, but with as little action and craziness as actually possible.
Please, Nobunagun, I beseech you, knock my socks off this week, make a believer out of me once more!
Thoughts and Notes:
“A Band of Brothers” – Not:
1) “Focus on killing the monsters in front of you, leave the thinking to other people.” – Jack, you’re so sexy when you’re acting so Neolithic :P Well, he does have a point, it’s not enough to just raise ideas, think them through, dear Sio.
2) Poor Galiko, suffering damage and pain to her eye and brain, and risk of death, just so Vidocq will get the information he needs. Yes, that information might be necessary for saving mankind, but she doesn’t care about that.
4) The Commander, leading in person. One can only hope we’ll even see her as an E-Gene holder. Old people in anime usually kick serious ass :P
5) Yeah, the powers of the First Platoon complement one another well – Gaudi makes a runway, Cyx is the delivery system, and Geronimo is the payload.
1) Sometimes you can cheat, just by having such a red and blue scene. You don’t need much more to make it seem alien and menacing.
2) The Invasion object knew what it was going after, it was trying to destroy the information gathered. It’s certainly aware, and plotting.
3) BTW, they always just stand on water, how does that work exactly? :3
4) Sio, you’ve gotta listen to your instincts. Oda Nobunaga is talking to you, is speaking through you, let the military genius speak, girl!
5) Well, that was pretty darn clever. Can’t shoot the landmine right on top of those she aims to defend, so she shot a hole in the ship for it to go through harmlessly. Hilarious, and pretty smart.
6) Now that Sio is sinking, I saw her boots have mini-pads like helping wheels of a bicycle, guess that’s how they can stand on top of the sea.
So, they left Sio to drown. I’m actually not filled with suspense about that, cause there’s not even a worry, even with how cavalier they all are about abandoning people about what will happen. The preview makes it seem like it’ll be an excuse for Sio to maybe have a mindscape, or get some shore time with Asao.
Post Episode Thoughts:
Eh, it was ok. At least fresh blood can be an excuse to discuss camaraderie versus achieving the goal, and that they’re not really in opposition to one another, or at least shouldn’t be.
But they are trying to save humanity, and they are sueprhumans who can’t always relate to other humans. I still want to see the Commander going all out.
Dunno, it was an ok episode, but I wanted more action, and it’s been too long since Oda danced for us :( My excitement levels are just not there, it’s been way too long since the first two episodes, and then episode 4, which is the last time we really had over-the-top action starring the warlord.