October 4th, 2015.
1) So, we start with a bang. Reminds me of SAO S2, and also like a flashback in Gangsta. White-haired kid seems to hate black-haired one as well, could he have shot a parent? Could be. Of course, they’re also all “orphans of war”, cause it’s a Gundam show. And of course, the mechs themselves are “iron-blooded orphans” too, are they not?
2) Sure is military command – “Your job is to listen to what we say” :P
3) That’s some good music after we were introduced to the drilled bunch. A good way to introduce the true stars of the show, the mechs.
4) “You dodge with this timing, Mikazuki Augus?!” – The funny thing isn’t how they tell us he’s the best, but how they keep repeating his name.
5) Oh man, he sure beat him. Probably related to the talk of “independence” earlier.
6) With one eye constantly closed and the white hair, I can’t help but compare Orga to Archer.
7) Expendable, not “real employees”.
2) Situation and Setting:
1) Are they vaguely discussing killing his daughter with him, for political gain, and him acquiescing? It could certainly be read that way.
2) See, even this “villain” actually respects the daughter with respect. It’s not one side versus the other, it’s not even younglings versus oldsters, but about people.
3) This show sure has a lot of different characters, and character-types.
4) So, if you have three Whiskers, it means you can be even faster, or on a more demanding machine? But of course, it means you got punctured thrice.
6) Whenever we pan away from characters, they look horrible.
1) Indeed, a handshake doesn’t put you on equal terms, what a silly notion. There’s still one who holds power, one who offers their hand and trusts it’d be accepted, or one who offers their hand and hopes it’d be accepted.
2) The voice acting is constantly off-sync with the lip-movement, I never thought I’d be bothered this much in an animated show by this, but it’s just off, so it gets me.
3) Dun dun duuuun, and when we speak of power obtained but that could destroy us, we pan to the mecha. The power to grant life, but also the power that can take it away, of course.
4) The Commander who at first runs to protect his loot thinks the other side is like him, looking for pillaging. But the soldiers also referenced money, “They’re so rich, they can keep shooting non-stop!” Shows the state of the Martian colony.
5) Yeah, dying is one thing, but dying in vain? More seriously, the question is what are they fighting for, they’re fighting to protect their allies’ retreat right now, allies that abandoned them and lied to them. But, if their allies’ lives aren’t worth more than theirs, are theirs worth more?
4) Mecha, Left-overs:
1) Heh, well, bait for bait :P
2) That cackling “villain”, the true villains of Gundam, those without honour, but please, must they be cacklers?
3) Even the one who tried to stop him and then let him rampage, did it out of consideration of the lost lives of his allies.
4) And of course, the episode ends with the appearance of the true hero of the show, the white Gundam ;-)
5) You’d think the official lyrics wouldn’t make the “your – you’re” error :<