February 5th, 2014.
The Date is upon Us
So, we keep progressing so quickly, I don’t really know what will happen this week. We do have two couples now, where the girl wants the boy who is unaware or outright hostile, so let’s see what happens.
Gonna take less screenshots this week of Uka-sama. I think 7-10 should suffice.
Ok, here’s your album of the faces and expressions of Uka-sama this week. 19 images. Bless the Goddess.
Thoughts and Notes:
1) Hm, this came out of nowhere. Yeah, I was a bit surprised we went back to how the last episode ended, mostly because I didn’t recall it. But Touka is quite sharp, he sees his mother in two places at once, and immediately thinks of divine powers. Well, he’s seen the goddess, but still, didn’t expect him to not only think that, but just say it to their parents. Let’s see what’s up with this family.
And they think it’s a chuuni delusion :D Guess it’s a case of a boy who cried “Wolf! Wolf!” that’s actually a really smart way to handle it.
2) This show sure delivers a mighty blow to siscons anywhere. And no, Touka is really not a siscon, but still,the way Inari is mortified is amusing/cute.
3) Inari doesn’t care for the powers, but for being Uka-sama’s friend. And Uka-sama is playing matchmaker now. You know, considering how many otome games she plays, I wouldn’t be surprised to find out she’s a shipper, and thus a matchmaker :P
5) Inari looks somewhat like a baby, she’s just too cute and innocent, almost. She really is a young child, who cries at any small thing. You want to pat her on the head.
2) En route:
1) Worlds apart, tomboy and the symbol of femininity, everyday clothes versus the festive clothes.
2) Dat Inari face :P And “How did you know?”, coupled with Sumizome’s crush on Manabe. I’m just smiling at the whole thing.
3) Aww, Sumizome’s face is the face when you realize she not only isn’t anywhere close to scoring, but that she’s not even playing in the same court, or ball-game.
3) Date Status: Achieved:
1) How can you not like Inari? She wears her heart on her sleeve, which is sort of amusing, considering how she can change her face. Well, all the other girls and women around sure love to play matchmakers.
2) Girl’s in love. We’re all grinning at home, right? Good.
Awww, boy’s blushing too! Aside from the “oh well, I’m happy enough with how things are right now” this looks like an end of show shot. I wouldn’t be surprised if whenever the series ends, they do refer back to it, by having Funbabashi carry Inari yet again.
3) Well, we’ve already seen from Inari’s talk with Sumizome about the manga that she’s an adept shipper as well. She, the human, will now help the goddess find happiness, how presumptuous of her! Then again, they’re friends, and she’s been told of Uka’s loneliness. Everyone’s a shipper here.
Post Episode Thoughts:
Well, this episode was cute, and adorable, and charming, and I had a smile plastered on my face all episode long. Is it serious, is it meaty? Perhaps not, but I’m smiling, and I’m glad to be watching this. I do worry about Uka-sama’s powers, which she in one small sentence said might be draining away. Honestly, this was a near-perfect date for Inari, and we’re just in the fourth episode. At the speed of sound, we progress!
The music is quiet and understated, and I quite like it as well. Fits the show very well.