January 8th, 2014.
The Gang is Back!
“Wicked Lord Shingan”, please CR, don’t make me regret it. I mean, it’s a word, translate it. I guess it’s a must to be in-line with Naruto and the “Sharingan” :3
OP – I guess it’s alright. But why do we not have the 2 guys here and only the girls? :3 Lots of gifs to be made, especially when we revolve around the girls. The music is alright, but eh, forgettable.
“I’ll pull out your ahoge!” – “Please don’t, it’s my most attractive feature!” – We all know Rikka is about the cute in the end. Also, “Antenna-hair”, CR pls.
With all the things you translate, can’t you translate “Schwartz shield” to “Black shield”? German too stronk!
ED – I like the energy.
Ok, post episode notes, the only thing you guys are mostly going to get out of me for this show:
1) They really went all-out in the fight. I mean, just look at this. The art here wouldn’t have let Fate/Prisma or even Unlimited Blade Works down, had it been longer – so good. I found the fact that Kumin also stepped in funny, and that Mori Summer (Nibutani for the rest of you) stepped into Chuunibyou-land, and wielded her powers of “love” especially hilarious.
2) I laughed, a lot, this episode. Dekomori prostrating herself in front of the priestess, and the whole flying ladle bits had me in stitches. So many of the “Ow!” Rikka moments :3 They truly made this first episode a “Fan-service” episode, in the good sense of the word – they had made it to please the fans, and as a fan, I’m pleased.
3) Silly Nibutani, she goes from one end of the spectrum to the other, but she ends up being just as eccentric, standing out just the same. Look at Rikka, she had 3 girls approach her, without changing – be yourself, and people will come to you. Chuunibyou at its worst is when you try to avoid yourself, such as Rikka avoiding her reality due to her father dying. Rikka’s Chuunibyou now is a part of her, so people get along with her. Nibutani is being fake, so she’s alone. Aside from our merry band of delusional people.
4) Come on, gimme romance! But the comedy had been on-mark this episode, I loved it :3
5) Yeah, some of the translation choices had been painful, but it’s not really an issue, since I know what it’s supposed to be.
6) A picture fell out of Yuta’s diary, and then we had a beautiful shot of Rikka thinking by the waters, probably a picture of the NewGirl whom we’re about to meet :3
Return to Chuunibyou Ren / Second Season Episodic Notes page.