I hope to get to do this every month. Basically an outline and a line on two on what I’ve done the past month. Some of these things will still get their own post.
Stuff done in whole, so I might mention some other things, but we’ll see.
July was a month I was feeling crappy for much of, and had tests in the University, so it may be both more and less than usual. More anime and less books, certainly.
- Ice Age 2: Turns out I have this on DVD. Watched this in preparation for Ice Age 3. Wasn’t very funny or good.
- Ice Age 3: Went to the cinema for this one. This one was quite hilarious, which is something I like seeing in movies. A rollicking good fun.
- Don’t Mess with the Zohan (uncensored): An ok movie, I guess. It could’ve been considerably better with some better editing. Cutting a 1-2 minute here, another 1-2 minute there, that were simply awful, would have done the movie good. It did show people what an Israeli accent sounds like though.
- Yes Man. An ok movie, relatively good time. Loved the music, loved Zooey Deschanel.
- Japan: A Love Story. A documentary. Voluntary slavery almost comes to mind, but of course, I’m an outsider looking in.
- Daily House M.D. re-runs continue, season 3 and 4. I guess when this ends next week or so we’ll get season 5. I’ve watched the episodes before, still, fun.
- Boston Legal season 5 started showing.
- Damages season 2 is showing. I am enjoying it a lot thus far.
- Wheel of Time 6, large portion of 7. This is where the going begins to get tough, but it’s easier than I remember it, because I was reading it quickly. Then again, barely touched it the last three weeks or so.
- Fullmetal Alchemist 19: I had a great time, we’re finally getting to uncover more of the past of the series. Mood considerably different from the beginning of the series, I might need to read it all again when it’s all out.
- Future Diary 1: I did not get to read this one, apparently Tokyopop has issues. I thought the concept was cool, still want to read it.
- Rurouni Kenshin 1-15: I’ve decided to re-read the series.
- Mai-HiMe: I’ve really enjoyed this series. I’ve loved Mai, I liked her Seiyu, the art, the story, the emotional impact. A+.
- Gintama: Watched episodes 1-8. Since I’ve had it, decided to watch it already. Highly suggested to Hayate no Gotoku fans. I like this one better, funny.
- Zero no Tsukaima / The Familiar of Zero; Seasons 1-3: I like how they are doing this series right, with the story continuing in its own pace, season by season. Series is nice, series is cute. Series is by no means “something special”. You do get a Yuki Nagato clone in it, and another “Sanzenin Nagi”.
- Tenjho Tenge 1-10. As I’ve covered it during the month, I decided to watch it again. Undecided if I’ll watch it all again or not.
- Onegai Sensei / Please Teacher: A series designed to appeal to teenaged geeks. It has some moments where it can “get you”, emotionally. Its backdrop is especially designed for that effect.
Had been reading bits and pieces of the Transhuman Space RPG.
I also got to eat at “Black Bar and Burger” for the first time. The hot-wings were a bit skinny and tough, the burger was delicious. Medium.
You got quite a bit done in July. A lot more than me at least. ^^; I still need to finish Zero no Tsukaima.
I need to keep reminding myself it’s not called “Zero no Tsundere” :D